Getting through April

As a 17 year + homeschooling mom, I experience the same thing every year.  If you are homeschooling, maybe you can empathize with me.  I get to the month of April every year and fight a major burnout crisis.  So what do you do to get through the "Aprils" in the homeschooling year?

I keep talking to myself, crazy--I know! But I'm the one who determines my destiny. I choose my own happiness.  I tell myself:

1. We've almost successfully completed another school year.
2. My children are learning a lot.
3. My standards can always be higher, but look at what we've already accomplished.  (Overachieving isn't always a good thing...balance is.)
4. I will set goals next year to meet whatever it was I felt like I lacked this year.
5. Happy is chosen! Homeschooling is chosen! Everyday isn't perfect but we are happy with the choice we've made that is best for our family.
6. Life isn't perfect.  There is no drowning in laundry and housework, it eventually gets done. Let go of perfection grab onto PEACE!
7.  These days with my children are priceless.   As Thoreau said, "A memory is the most expensive of all luxuries."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home School Evaluations: Portfolio Assessment

Creative Home School Evaluations